Prep Time: 10 min(s) Cook Time: 20 min(s) Total Time: 30 min(s) Servings: 8
- 1 regular size graham cracker crust
- 1 can (14 oz.) nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 ½ of a lime
- 1/2 cups of lime juice (about 6 limes)
- fresh or store-bought whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, egg, lime juice, and the lime zest until they are completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust (store bought or homemade). Bake it for 20 minutes. The pie may not be completely solid yet, but a toothpick inserted in the center will come out mostly clean. Let the pie to cool (I put mine in the refrigerator for about an hour).
- Cover and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Serve it sprinkled with the reserved lime zest (optional) and with whipped cream dotted around the edges.
If you are making 2 or more pies, mixing up one pie and sticking it in the oven and then doing the next is probably the best way to go. If you mix the ingredients of both pies together you will not know how much to pour.
If you are not sure if your pie is done get a spoon and try some from the middle, then you can cover up the hole with whipped cream!